Thursday, October 4, 2012

Maquillage Professionnel Day 1:

Going back to school was nerve wracking for me, I dislike introductions and I don't particularly like talking about myself infront of strangers. After the usual pleasantries and introductions my nerves were settled and I started to enjoy myself. I learned that my classmates and I have different reasons for enrolling but we all have the common love for makeup.

Day 1 was all about makeup base, color correction and foundation. I got oriented on the different Makeup Forever face products and here are the standouts in my opinion:




All Mat is an oil free mattifying primer that helps control excessive shine. This leaves the skin matte & velvety, perfect for the humid Manila weather!






MUFE Microperfecting HD Primer,  is a lightweight, oil-free complexion corrector that moisturizes the skin at the same time. It comes in different colors (Green: to correct redness, Violet: to freshen dull complexions) but I'm particularly partial to the semi translucent one as pictured on the right, since it's easy to apply, glides smoothly and smells very good!



MUFE High Definition Foundation, is God's gift to women! It's an oil free foundation that can give medium to heavy coverage. I personally tried this product and it gives the coverage without the heavy look and feel of foundation. This product particularly registers well on videos and photos.





MUFE Face & Body is a staple in every makeup artists kit. Why? It's foolproof: waterproof, light, natural and long lasting, Ms. Mikee our day 1 teacher uses this product on brides and it never fails to perform!



MUFE Full Cover Concealer 
We were taught to use colored correctors but I find them over the top and most often a full cover concealer will just to the trick! What I specially like about this product is the fact that it doesn't irritate the blemish that it covers!





Here are the foundation related tips that I learned that will benefit newbies like me:
  • No need to buy all the shades! Buy the lightest and darkest shades and mix to get the color that you desire! If you have the budget go buy the medium shade as well. This works for concealer shopping too!
  • Make sure that your primer and foundation come from the same brand, coordinated ones work well for they are formulated to work with each other. Test on yourself first if you decide to mix and match brands! 
  • To test if the foundation shade fits your client test on her/his jawline (not in her hands!). 
  • Always consult your client about her skin type, ask questions! that way you'll be able to prep and correct her skin for a flawless makeup base!
Day 1 was a breeze, it was easy! The key was taking time in applying and in blending the foundation, hurried results may not give the flawless finish we are all aiming for.



No comments:

Post a Comment