Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Make Up Schools in Manila (Eeny, meeny, miny, moe)

Photo grabbed from www.beautyriot.com
 As I mentioned in my previous post, I wanted to try something new and something outside my comfort zone. Years ago, 2006 to be exact I wanted to enroll myself in makeup school but with the meager starter pay I got from my day job my make up school plans had to be shelved. I always envied people who worked as makeup artists, for me they are such creative and brave individuals who work magic on people's faces. After 6 years of prodding, my makeup dreams are still part of my bucket list, waiting to be ticked off!


Now let's get those check marks ready! I couldn't choose a better time than now to go to makeup school. I've got a solid source of income, a supportive husband and a renewed perspective on going back on the things that make me happy NO MATTER WHAT. I researched and I narrowed down my list to the following schools. (There are other schools but these ones I personally visited and inquired)
  • Center for Aesthetic Studies: The MUA who works wonders on my face was trained in CAS, naturally I'd consider this school because this school trained the hands that make me look umm... a more presentable version of myself.
    • Location: Jupiter Street, Makati
    • Fee: Php 26,000.00 ++ inclusive of portfolio shoot 
    • Products: You have to bring your own makeup set
    • Schedule: MWF for 2.5 months, 1PM to 5PM or Saturdays 
    • Plus points for: being one of the first (if not the first!) makeup training schools in Manila, TESDA accredited & portfolio shoot at the end of the course
    • Contact #: (02)8970383, +63 (02) 8970307, +639178970383, +639188970383
    • Website: www.casmakati.wordpress.com
  • Maquillage Professionnel: Most of my makeup enthusiast friends went to MP, they teach the French methodology of makeup application and is the official partner academy of Makeup Forever in the Philippines
    • Location: Modern Academy in Burgos Circle, BGC, Taguig
    • Fee: Php 30,000.00 
    • Products: All products & tools are provided by the school, so students get the chance to use Makeup Forever products and decide which ones make it to their traincase
    • Schedule: Monday to Friday 1PM to 5 PM or 6PM to 10 PM for 2.5 weeks or Saturday classes 1PM to 5PM or 6PM to 10PM for 3 months
    • Plus points for: Free makeup use! so less investment on our end! Plus students get 15% discount on Makeup Forever should they wish to buy makeup.  
    • Contact #:  846-4647, 846-8920, 0922-8663376
    • Website: www.maquillageprofessionnel.com.ph/
  • Makeup Designory Manila: Among all the makeup schools in Manila MUD is the only school that gives internationally recognized certificates if you choose enroll in their diploma course
    • Location: Serenda, BGC, Taguig 
    • Fee: Php 32,000.00
    • Products: Get those traincases ready! you'll need them if you choose to enroll in MUD. MUD carries their own line of makeup, which you can purchase at a discount. Students however are not limited to using MUD products and can opt to bring other brands.
    • Schedule: The diploma course is 10AM to 6PM for 150 hours, the Fundamentals course is also 10AM to 6PM for 8 days. 
    • Plus points for: Internationally recognized diplomas and oh their fundamental 8 day course includes an intro to airbrush so students will get the chance to try this technique
    • Contact #: (02) 846.9016
    • Website: www.mudmanila.com
  • Makeup Design Academy: MDA is the school that gives different modules (classes) for different looks which means that students get a more in depth training on the different techniques involved in each look. The beginner class is the Beauty Makeup with Basic Hairstyling course, perfect for hitting 2 birds with 1 stone (Hair & Makeup)
    • Location: Robinsons Galleria (this is the branch which I personally saw) & Mother Ignacia in QC 
    • Fee: Php 25,000.00 (with model) 
    • Products: Again, get those traincases ready! you'll be needing them, and oh prepare hairstyling tools as well!
    • Schedule: Pardon my clumsiness I can't seem to find the MDA brochure in which I wrote the schedules, it got buried under my mountain of papers!
    • Plus points for: In depth training suited for different student skill levels and the hairstyling is definitely a bonus!
    • Contact #:  (+632) 416.1730
    • Website:  www.make-up-design.com
  • HD Makeup Academy:  This is ONLY makeup course in the Philippines that teaches Hi-Def (HD) makeup even at the basic level. Other schools offer HD makeup only as an advanced class.
    • Location: City & Land Megaplaza (Right infront of Robinsons Galleria 
    • Fee: Php 18,500.00 includes shoot at the end of the course
    • Products: Products c/o students, but the school sells HD makeup at a price lower than department stores
    • Schedule: 11 AM to 3 PM, 8 meetings  
    • Plus points for: HD Makeup technique and a portfolio photoshoot (2 looks) to jumpstart your career!
    • Contact #: 0917.828.8483, 0922.887.8921, 02.5713303
    • Website: www.hdmakeupacademy.com
The choices are overwhelming! All the schools have their unique points and it's really hard to say which one is the best. I was in the verge of actually doing eeny meeny miny moe! Bottomline is: there are more than enough makeup schools to satisfy a makeup artist wannabe's need for training in Manila. Choosing one would really depend upon your preferences, goals, priorities and maybe even budget. I'll write about the school I chose and why I chose it in my next post, I wouldn't want to influence your choice with mine hence the separate post. Good luck in finding your school!

18 comments:

  1. hi, id like to ask if what school did u choose? thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also tried one of MUD's makeup courses and we even had a bridal shoot afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi barbie..what course did u take?

      Delete
  3. Very helpful article special for the beginner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, thanks for sharing. I'll consider taking one of this course. Which among of these top women school do you think is the best to take makeup classes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello ladies! .. I personally recommend HD makeup academy// I studied there last year. I miss the place so much. to cut it short mention ko lang ung di na mention sa post.
    -student teacher ratio konti lang talaga max ata 12 kce 10 kme nun madami pa gusto humabol di na nila tinaggap pinalipat nila ng sched dahil di sila makaka turo ng maayos pag marami
    at tutok sila sa students. 2 lang ang mentors dyan mababait pa si sir jeave and mam stef professionals at legit na nag aral sila sa vidal at hollywood.
    -mura ang mga gamit doon
    -they provide models with photoshoots eryto jumpstart your folio
    -its not a waste of money.. take note mura sila
    -sila lang talaga ng offer na hi def kaagad
    -their staff puro mabait malinis ang place
    -they wont make you buy un necessary stuff mag aadvice pa sila kung
    ano makak save ka ..
    - hi end parati ang gamit sa school and they only use hi end brands
    -succes rates ng students for me 97 percent all my classmates are very succesful
    -even my friends who do make up for celebrities came from this school and CAS
    I hope this helped mahirap mag hanap ng school... at mahirap mag invest ng pinag hirapanna pera .. Goodluck Girls .. Ill be studying again this May :) I hope to finish all the courses they have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sis! I just want to ask, after you take the course, how do you get many clients? Thank you!

      Delete
  6. By the way credits sa writer very helpful talaga ang post mo :) I read this last year hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way credits sa writer very helpful talaga ang post mo :) I read this last year hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! For all aspiring and want to be a professional markeup Artist, these training are good for you! I think Reapinpin also did this king of session to be become professional.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am only 17 years old and I wanted to take up makeup and hairstyling course. Would you recommend TESDA? Thanks very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a nice blog and very nice you work and sharing this wonderful article about the makeup schools good work.
    makeup schools

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Post is very useful, I am truly to this blog which is specilly design about the brow bar lethbridge It helped me with ocean of awareness so I really appreciate your blog.
    brow bar lethbridge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you i did really need this topic you share a very nice information about the Makeup Routine it's a great work.
    5 Minute Makeup Routine

    ReplyDelete