Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ripped Off

This blog entry might have a different tone than the usual but I feel that it's important to let makeup enthusiasts know the existence of FAKE Urban Decay Palettes around. What's even more saddening is that it's being sold by a reputable makeup retailer in Manila! I've been eyeing the Naked 2 palette for the longest time since I knew that the colors are well pigmented and can be adjusted to work well with brides and as well as bolder smoky looks.

My friend got the same palette from the same store and she attested to the authenticity of their items. I'm slowly building up my makeup set and even though the retail price in Manila is a bit higher than the $50.00 USD SRP, I figured that the additional few hundred pesos was all worth swallowing for a much coveted palette (I paid Php 2,550.00 for this palette, and I've got my receipt and a credit card acknowledgement to prove it).


It didn't come in a clear plastic box, no lip gloss freebie either

the tin container is flimsy, the plastic & tin parts feel like they're going to fall apart

the pans weren't filled to the rim and the hairs on the brush when compared to the original one is sparse


I went to the store and I immediately noticed that the Naked 2 palette they had on stock didn't come with the plastic transparent box and the freebie on the side. I asked the ladies manning store why it was packaged differently and they just said it was a new shipment and stocks of the one with the old packaging was just recently sold out. I repeatedly asked if it was original and they were very nice and patient in telling me that yes it was original. Since the ladies were nice I even got myself some falsies and gladly paid for my purchases. I even promised to return by next week to get a makeup chair and a makeup mirror.

Just to assure myself that what I got was original I tried searching google on how to say if the UD Naked Palette is authentic or not and my worst fears were confirmed, WHAT I GOT WAS A FAKE!

I'm not writing this to put the store in bad light, because who knows the owners might not even be aware that their supplier gave them counterfeit items. I will just be bringing back the palette and will be requesting for a change in item or a refund.  If they do refuse then that's a different story altogether.

For me this is a lesson learned, never buy outside the official distributor and for brands not in the Philippines it's better to buy online and let Johnny Air do their thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment