Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Maquillage Professionnel: Day 7 & 8 Makeup For Photography

I wasn't able to attend  Day 6: Smoky Eyes since I had a non makeup work assignment to do! (which I will blog about soon...). Sayang since smoky eyes is one of my favorite looks, anyhoo Days 7 & 8 were all about Makeup for Photography.

Makeup for photos are treated differently from the usual makeup since you have a specific output to consider: black & white or colored, there are different techniques for each output so each artist must be knowledgeable on the techniques needed to produce amzing prints! Photoshoots often have stark lighting so it's advisable to use full coverage and apply products more generously. The only difference between black & white and colored is the use of colors! Makeup for B&W are mostly very dark colors to black while brighter and more vivid colors appear more vibrant in colored photos. Here are my outputs:


 

I personally like my B&W shots since my model's face still look natural even with the dark colors applied. For my colored shot, I think I need to add more foundation to give the model a more flawless photo. 

I'm more than halfway my course! Things are getting more exciting, more updates to come!

1 comment: